Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Come On

It is april 4th/5th. It is snowing. The last few days it rain/snowed. The next few days it is supposed to rain/snow. COME ON, ENOUGH ALREADY. I WANT TO F*CKING RIDE MY F*CKING BIKE. There, I said it. I am tough, but not BKW hardman tough (great site, check it out). I try, but lets be honest, I am a shrimpy white jewish kid from the suburbs.

Thanks to all those who came to beanpot to support the racers. Picture is from the "death corner" which was not very "deathly" this year, sort of a let down. Although riding it with no brakes for 15 laps was sort of an experience, I had the levers in so far they were touching the bars, and I was barely slowing down.....if that doesn't teach ya how to corner, I don't know what will. Look at my pasty-white arms and legs --> its clear I go to school in maine, where is snows, in april, alot.




Next crit I do, no matter how much pain I am in just holding on, I am 100% determined to get up to the front, and to make an attack. That is how you attack (not like I normally do, when the pace is slow to moderate, like a wimp) and that is how you make attacks work (see bucknell crit). I would honestly rather go for it and have my heart explode, my legs fall off, or my eyes pop out of my sockets than spend 30-45 minutes trying to hold onto the wheel in front of me for dear life, knowing that I WILL get outsprinted. Who knows, it just might work too. Odds on me really doing this vs. another make the tiny selection group and get outsprinted by just about all who made it.....1 in 10? For some reason when I am actaully in the race, my will to make said attack is far less, and just hanging on seems like the way to go.

1 comment:

Colin R said...

yeah dude, crits make me wonder if there's a god too. but not in a good way.