Sunday, April 8, 2007

meh.

meh sort of describes my week. I was a bit sick wed-fri (taking thus. off) and life is chugging along. I managed to put in 205.52 miles in 12:34. I rode pretty big days both today and yesterday, in the nasty cold (well, not as bad as feb, but once you have had a taste of warmth, anything below 40 is cold). Today we had 30mph of wind, if not more. That was less than fun. For the year I am at 1648 miles. That is under 1000 miles shy of my total for last year. And this is the 1 year anniversy of me buying the LeMond, riding a few times, and jumping into a race. What a difference a year can make.

In good news, I won a town line sprint today. Normally that wouldn't be exciting. Except I have never, ever, ever won a town line sprint. I have won preem's before just by being in a break and being up front that lap, but never a sprint. I was riding with one other person (some sunday easter group ride) and he (paul, fast masters racer/sprinter) destroyed me on the first one. The second one, for the first time in my life I felt like I was sprinting. Paul went first, and led untill about 10m from the sign. I pulled up next to him at like 50m, shifted up, and went past and just nipped him, bike throw and all. It really felt different than my normal attempts at "sprinting" and if I can repeat it (and beat someone who is actaully good at crits) maybe I can learn to sprint after all. Before you ruin my moment of glory by saying "that wasn't a real town line sprint" or whatever, don't, I don't want to hear it. I normally get beaten in town line sprints by a teammate who gets dropped in the D field (what does that say about me?). I'll never be good at spriting, but maybe decent? Never mind the fact I was sprinting in my little ring (39X11, the new sprint gear...) which I didn't notice untill after the sign....

No comments: